Heather Flores

My photo
California, United States
On the periphery of interesting...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mel Tormé Tribute Act vs. Dividing Creek, (MD)

I went to Wikipedia.  I clicked "Random Article" 7 times, because 7 is my favorite number and...I came up with *drum roll please* "Dividing Creek (Maryland)" .  Wow...I am not certain that I deserve such an exciting topic for tonight's Blog!!!  But, perhaps you do!

Dividing Creek is a tributary of the Pocomoke River.  So, not only is this topic relatively minor, but it is only a tributary!  Is that like a tribute group for a rock band?  A group that plays the music of a band or musician who is no longer performing, possibly disbanded and is perhaps deceased?  Wow!  Well, even Mel Tormé has his tribute acts, so I guess a tributary of the Pocomoke River in Maryland (not in Delaware or other known locations of the Pocomoke River) is entitled to a whole article on one of it's tributaries.


Velvet Fog

Well, Dividing Creek had a battle in 1635 between Englishman.  That's pretty exciting!  The Maryland colonists won.  And there was a microorganism outbreak in the 1990s...Oh, woops!!!  Sorry, These things happened along the Pocomoke River itself, not Dividing Creek.

So, back to our topic of the night, Dividing Creek.  Ladies and Gentlemen, *drum roll please*, the article on Dividing Creek is a stub!!!  That's right!  Not even a full article.  And that, is about as exciting as a Tribute Act for Mel Tormé.

I take that back.  The Tribute Act wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment