Heather Flores

My photo
California, United States
On the periphery of interesting...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Change the World - one App at a time

So, I had a GREAT idea the other day in the car for a blog that would, if not change the world, at least do it some good.  And, it took me about 1.5 weeks to actually make it to my much neglected blog, only to discover that I have no memory of the value (I in my narcissism) was set to bestow on mankind.

I searched frantically through my iPhone, could I perchance have noted my brilliance while on the move through Dragon Dictation?  I had created several subfolders to reduce my apps from 7 pages which must be re-arranged each time I downloaded a new app, to 2 pages of lovely subfolders.  Now, which subfolder might my magnanimous, benevolent ideas for mankind be located in? 

I find a subfolder on my iPhone entitiled, Ideas.  Perhaps my grand plan is in here?  Under Notes? Voice Memos?  Type n Walk?  I find lists of items to purchase, songs to download, places to research, comedians, things to purchase others for birthdays or Christmas, quotes from Jean Luc Picard, a Dragon Dictation memo gone wrong and a random thought "I see a cute animal photo and I can't help wondering if the animal is now deceased...".  None of these seem meant to change the world.  However, I just discovered that 7 of these lovelies are somehow associated with one of my public e-mail accounts...Uh-oh...how did that happen?

Well, let's not worry about that right now, how about my voice memos?  "A recent memory in a distant haze."  Wow, that's profound, I guess perhaps, when you are driving miles each day on the 99.  Mention of a dinosaur statue to be purchased if one were so inclined, just south of Lodi.  "Horny Goatweed...Effects of Nicotine" hmmm...perhaps after a visit to a truck stop?  A listing of sloughs and creeks between Madera and Merced to research later.  And finally, a mention of a decrepit hotel along the 99.  So, nothing here to be found that will be life altering or world changing for the average follower of my blog.    

Sorry folks!!! I know you were looking for that Life Altering app, all I can say is that Apps, far from simplifying my life have just created more places for me to hoard my random thoughts from the highways of my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment