Heather Flores

My photo
California, United States
On the periphery of interesting...

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Introducing "the Brain"

In High School, I was noted as such a ginormous nerd, that I was assigned a new title "Brain". My younger sister was mortified to be seen in public with me and my classmates knew that if they needed help with schoolwork, I likely would have the answer. Oh, did I mention I also wore a backbrace for scoliosis?

Being known as the biggest nerd in school is not the best way to make friends, but it certainly impacts one's sense of self. Not surprisingly, some of my favorite movies are Revenge of the Nerds, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, and Napoleon Dynamite.

Thankfully, as one ages, the Nerd lifestyle becomes more accepted. Some even aspire to join the ranks. Although IRL I am somewhat successful (I have not invented anything as exciting as Post-It notes, although these are a passion of mine), I am still noted as a Nerd. And, I am of the firm mind that the Nerds do, indeed, rule the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment